Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 205

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

I'm new and have a few questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
Hello. I'm new to the site. If this is in the wrong place, mods please move. I acquired a few Henney nameplates and other misc items at an auction. I was wondering what the items were and if they had any value. Thanks in advance for any info.

Michael

Attach file:

jpg  (121.75 KB)
44786_53224af83286d.jpg 955X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/3/13 19:19
 Top  Print   

Re: I'm new and have a few questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
Here's a couple more that I bought

Attach file:

jpg  (161.61 KB)
44786_53224bda309d9.jpg 955X1280 px

jpg  (98.16 KB)
44786_53224c02f3d1d.jpg 955X1280 px

jpg  (145.96 KB)
44786_53224c38d65fe.jpg 955X1280 px

jpg  (130.76 KB)
44786_53224c875d58f.jpg 955X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/3/13 19:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Neat. I saw one of the last two on one of the Packard concept cars shown at Amelia this year. The first two I think are the most common, found on funeral coaches and such.
I have nothing to add in regards to value. Ralph Marano may be interested in the last two.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 8:05
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm perhaps stating the obvious; the triangular emblem in your post #2 (next to the quarter) is the emblem for the Packard Pan American. I don't know if it's original or not, but with only 4 cars of that model built, it would certainly be rare if authentic.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 8:32
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
Thanks for all the comments. As far as I know, they are all authentic. They came from a guy that was a huge car collector. I bought some tools and these items were in the box as well. I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about antique cars, so any and all info is greatly appreciated. As far as the Packard pan American car emblem is concerned, how could I tell I it's authentic?

Posted on: 2014/3/14 21:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As far as the Packard pan American car emblem is concerned, how could I tell I it's authentic?

It's possible someone knows these well enough to tell from your photo but absent that, I'd think the only way could be to carefully compare it to those found on one of the cars. Even that may be difficult if those on the cars were refinished in the course of a restoration. One Pan American is NJ, another in Ohio, I'm not certain about the whereabouts of the others.

PM me if you want me to forward your photo to the owner of the Pan American in NJ and ask his opinion.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 22:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
It is likely that Packard had more than 4 Pan American emblems made, that some were kept for spares, and some employees or executives took them as souvenirs.

That would be my first guess, that the Pan American emblem was authentic but was never on a car.

Posted on: 2014/3/15 16:49
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
As far as the Packard pan American car emblem is concerned, how could I tell I it's authentic?

It's possible someone knows these well enough to tell from your photo but absent that, I'd think the only way could be to carefully compare it to those found on one of the cars. Even that may be difficult if those on the cars were refinished in the course of a restoration. One Pan American is NJ, another in Ohio, I'm not certain about the whereabouts of the others.

PM me if you want me to forward your photo to the owner of the Pan American in NJ and ask his opinion.

Thanks a lot. PM sent

Posted on: 2014/3/16 22:35
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelP
See User information
Quote:

Rusty O\'Toole wrote:
It is likely that Packard had more than 4 Pan American emblems made, that some were kept for spares, and some employees or executives took them as souvenirs.

That would be my first guess, that the Pan American emblem was authentic but was never on a car.

Yeah I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the input

Posted on: 2014/3/16 22:37
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Budzilla
See User information
Let me know if you would be interested in selling the last badge you have pictured. This is a dash badge for a Henney built ambulance or hearse. I have a 1954 and a 1953 Henney Junior ambulance. The 54 has one the 53 badge is missing and need one. Let me know if you wish to part with it.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 8:17
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved