Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2126 overdrive issues & education
Home away from home
Home away from home

LJJ
See User information
Hi all,

Well my 47 2126 is just about ready for the road after rebuilding the front end, going through the brakes, and fitting a new wiring harness ( from YnZ).

My only area to resolve is the overdrive. When the Packard came to me the lockout lever was int the "out" position. We have since moved the lockout lever to"in". Now the over drive green light on the speedo is constantly on, and the lockout lever is very stiff to operate. I assume this is not how it should be!?

I'm unsure whether I have the R9 or R11, as I understand the green light should only illuminate when the right speed has been reached for the overdrive to engage.

Does the the green light extinguish when the overdrive drops out?

Is it possible for the overdrive to be permanently locked in, as indicated by the green dash light?

What mechanical and electrical tests should be done on the overdrive?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 21:20
1963 Morris Cooper 997
1969 Austin 1800
 Top  Print   

Re: 2126 overdrive issues & education
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
This is a duplicate post but I gave a couple of things to look at in the other post.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 21:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved