Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
194 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 193

Jeff Williams, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: New Guy Introcuction.
Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
There is one potential problem, since you did ask. I dont know much about it, but most consider the oil pump to be problematic. there is a fairly common swap, with an olds unit, i believe.

Posted on: 2008/8/24 22:30
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RayGun
See User information
Thanks guys! The information is great. Rich Fox mentioned the Olds oil pump change over. And also the MoPar LA lifters. The plan is also for some custom Ross pistons so they are nice and light, but not un-streetable.

The motor is going in a '31 Dodge 3 window coupe. It'll be open wheel, and no hood, so the Packard will be on display all the time. That's one of the reasons we're using it. My shop is known for using mostly vintage power plants, and whenever possible, odd stuff. I've been wanting to find the right customer that would let me use a 374 for quite some time now. We have a side line company call Victory Speed and we've been making 374 header flanges for quite some time now.

If you guys want to check out some of our other projects, go tohttp://www.hotrodchassisandcycle.com and then go the Gallery section.

I'll post photographs of the project on here. I should have the body by mid September (it's coming from California) and the motor by the end of the next week.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 6:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Greetings, Kevin,

Great to hear from you! I had the pleasure of meeting you and visiting your shop a few months back. I can attest you and your guys do premium quality work on classic hot rods. The owner-to-be of this proposed build called me earlier this week to talk Packard V8s.

FWIW, I sold Rich Fox the NOS Iskenderian cam he had reground by Deema Elgin to run in his Bonneville Vega. I've got two '56 Caribbean 374"s in the works and can help with anything up to and including a turnkey engine. Just check in with me, PackardV8@comcast.net.

Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Spokane, WA

Posted on: 2008/8/28 14:20
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

RayGun
See User information
Thanks Jack. We've elected to go with our engine builder, Opel Engineering in Streamwood Il. They've done all our vintage engines including dyno pull on each one. The 325 Dodge Super Red Ram that's in Back Seat Betty and the 430 Mercury Super Marauder that's in the '55 F-100 are awesome. Both odd-balls, and both made big power while being streetable. I'm sure Ted will do just as top a notch job on this mill as he's done for us in the past.

Posted on: 2008/8/28 15:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Hi, Kevin,

Understand completely. Have him call or e-mail me if there is anything I can do to help. Anything which gets a Packard V8 into national attention is good for us all.

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2008/8/28 15:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved