Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1937 Packard Super Eight bastardization completion
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Arthur C, 1602-1191
See User information
I prefer the view with ww with perhaps a strong moulding pin-strip, rather than the advert for wheels.
Emphasis of wheels is common, subtle changes and the body form is a better choice if you seek peoples' interest.
Good that you like genuine features; a Parts Manual will help you with these details, body chop completion suits.

Posted on: 2014/5/23 17:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
If I was going to have a hot rod or custom, a flaming skull is a must!

Posted on: 2014/5/23 20:23
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

Don Skotty wrote:
West,

Does it really matter that it started life as a junior? You modeled some amazing-looking mongrels.

In my ploy to deceive, I didn't realize that the car I was "modifying" wasn't even the same as the one offered on Craigslist/eBay. I was just pointing out that the "real" modified car is a Junior model, and the one I Photoshopped is a Super Eight. Very different in size, and in front fender shape.

In chopping and channeling, the car really suits the non-sidemount fender profile. Normally, on 1937 and earlier cars, I prefer sidemounts... 1938 and newer, cars look much better without sidemounts, in my opinion. And I definitely went too far in adding fender skirts.

As an added note, what I've done is exactly what the marketing department did when illustrating their cars for catalogs.

Posted on: 2014/5/24 5:57
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved