Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 226

todd landis, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Looking for a parts listing.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
Back in the winter someone here posted some parts for sale.
The person that posted it had once cut up a 55 or 56 year Model but he salvaged chunks of the rear & front fenders. I believe they were only asking $75 for each piece.

That's all I recall. I have been through the stuff for sale but can't seem to locate them.

My right rear fender has been shoved in a couple inches below the tail light. I'm thinking if the seller still has these parts them it would make my job a little easier.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted on: 2014/7/6 15:32
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Re: Looking for a parts listing.
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I remember the post but may have part you need. I cut quarters off my Caribbean. Wheel well area was shot but tailight area was pretty decent.
How much do you need to repair yours.
Shipping would be biggest issue.
Give a call any evening at 814 248-9140 or send an email to rjrussell13@atlanticbb.net
Can send you a picture.
Free if you can use it but shipping and crating may be a problem. I'm in western PA about 60 miles east of Pittsburgh if you are headed to Hershey , Carlisle or the Nationals at Warren- stop and pick up.

Posted on: 2014/7/6 23:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
Here some images of the area and damage that I am needing to repair/replace.

The last two images are of the left side for comparison.

I guess when the right side area was hit and pushed in it caused a leak around the tail light and it rusted pretty bad. The rust on the left side is no where near as bad.

I am only looking for the right side. I could probably fabricate it myself but it would take me weeks to do so. With the right car chunk it would be a lot easier.

Attach file:

jpg  (54.30 KB)
5209_53bb12b6363a2.jpg 568X823 px

jpg  (56.71 KB)
5209_53bb12c4bcb1f.jpg 823X633 px

jpg  (59.22 KB)
5209_53bb12cc21f67.jpg 604X823 px

jpg  (59.85 KB)
5209_53bb12d8ccb61.jpg 617X823 px

jpg  (57.31 KB)
5209_53bb12e284104.jpg 617X823 px

Posted on: 2014/7/7 16:42
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
I would encourage you to form patches and replace the existing metal. Mine was far worse and I had to also fabricate the "J" along the rear quarter. You should find it a real simple patch and far easier than trying to amputate and replace the existing.

Posted on: 2014/7/7 17:18
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved