Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
49 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard by Rollson
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
In the last few days I run into 2 Packards by Rollson. 1 is a 1938 that is build from a Packard eight, which is kind of different to custom build a junior Packard, but import tarrifs might of drove them to do that.
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/packard/unspecified/1688408.html

The other 1 is a 39 super eight but the story almost sounds to good to be true, but nothing is impossible of course:
http://vintagemotorclassics.com/1939_packard_super8_woody.htm

Posted on: 2014/10/9 10:26
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard by Rollson
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Besides Rollson, Derham did a fair number of customs or semi-customs on the junior chassis; most were for export where the smaller more nimble chassis was desireable, not to mention import tax advantages. Generally these can achieve Full Classic status from CCCA upon individual application.

The 1939 Rollson is indeed interesting, a true one-off I suppose. I shudder at the thought that someone would be foolish enough to chop it up into a woody but then again the hobby has folks who have no interest in the history of these cars.

Posted on: 2014/10/9 11:17
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The Packard coupe with the rear of the body in unfinished aluminum was on the Chocolate Field at Hershey about 6 years ago. It is now owned by a Packard collector in Illinois and will be kept original.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 20:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Those late years Rollston/Rollson seemed to be around producing design contradictions on order. Either they were reactionary styles such as the formal coupe and panel broughams recalling earlier design ethics or they were sleek, "Darrin-esque" streamlined sport sedans and convertible victorias.

Well, when serving wealth's automotive design whims, one does what one is paid to do!

Steve

Posted on: 2014/10/14 12:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved