Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
43 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 42

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Patrician Fuel Pump
Just popping in
Just popping in

dino733
See User information
Can anyone tell if there is a fuel pump in the tank on the '56 Patrician? I know there is one in the engine compartment but wondering if there are two?

I accidentally left auxiliary power on in the car for about a week and now it wont start, seems to not be getting fuel.

Please help, thanks

Posted on: 2015/3/29 22:38
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 Patrician Fuel Pump
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not on a stock Packard -- It is possible someone has added an electric pump in the line somewhere. The fuel line just ends in a tube with an open bottom in the tank. Here is a photo Ross posted showing the tank interior.

If you have definitely related the problem to fuel it must be the pump or a filter and a coincidence.

If you mean by aux power the key was all the way to left it shouldn't have done anything but run the battery down. If something is amiss in the ign switch or wiring and voltage was applied to the ignition circuit all that time then several things could have happened: points could be burned or oxidized and unable to make contact to provide a spark or the ballast resistor burned open or the coil is actually open.

Attach file:

jpg  (74.34 KB)
209_5518c83815eeb.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/3/29 22:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved