Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Radiator to Cradle spacers
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I went to Home Depot, they had less stuff then Lowes did. Our local Home Depot is starting to look a little long in the tooth. Anyways, one of the older guys there saw me looking though all the bins for the right rubber washers, and then said that he thought he saw something like those over in the plumbing department. So after looking through all the fawcett repair parts, I came across the toilet tank repair parts, and there I found rubber tank bolt washers. They are almost an exact match to what was on my car when I took it apart.

So after coming home from there, I was looking my drawer of misc crap (ever guy has one or more of those drawers) I found a bag of various sized brass tubing. I bought this bag years and years ago at a hobby shop when I used to build RC scale model boats. I used those various sized brass tubes from everything from properller shafts, to smoke stacks, to turret barrels. I have a couple tubes that will work perfectly for the bolt spacers. Just need to cut them down to size lengthwise.

So I think I am in good shape! But it is a interesting lesson into looking in different places for parts to solve a problem!

Thanks to everyone for the info that they provided.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 23:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"But it is a interesting lesson into looking in different places for parts to solve a problem"

Yeah. Where do u think the vendors get many of their parts from??? Or even PMCC got theirs for that matter.

And u saved a lot of time vs waiting for the shipment of parts. It is this same kind of 'research' that is used everyday in even the most sophisticated of shops.

This needs to be added to the X-ref.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 7:35
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"So after coming home from there, I was looking my drawer of misc crap (ever guy has one or more of those drawers) I found a bag of various sized brass tubing. I bought this bag..."

A couple of drawers full ????? GUFAW !!!!

There are many of us who have stacks of beer cases and milk crates full of things like that.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 8:04
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Keith, are you saying you're a packrat?
I think most of us are members in that club - just ask our wives or kids.
"Don't throw that out! I may need it some day!"
Have a drink on me! Have another!

Posted on: 2010/6/25 21:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved