Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 202

Ross, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1939 packard serial number
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
I have read up a little on the data plate these cars had,now that we figured out the year and model....is it possible to know the correct numbers to put on a new reproduction data plate ?

Posted on: 2015/9/18 1:41
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
also I think before I register/licence the car with the 1937 motor in it,I think I will 'hotrod' the car......now before anyone gets upset about that.....I found a 1940 110 with holefully correct motor and overdrive and many other small parts I can use,just wondering what correct numbers a 1940 110 6 cyl should have ?....before I buy it mainly for wanting a correct year motor and bigger correct cid....then register the car with that motor and number.....that way I think it is correct as can possibly be ? ....the car I want to get is rusty and I can cannibalize it and send it to the crusher after I pick its bones clean,or maybe it is good enough for someone to make into a cool fast ratrod.....also if my motor is a 1937 115c....is it worth trying to sell...or a boat anchor ?

Posted on: 2015/9/18 2:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I think you are putting to much value on not having the right engine year. If you open the hood 99.9% of the people don't realize it's a 37 instead of a 40. And I seriously doubt if you can tell the difference with the increased cubic inches when you go down the road. And no that 37 115 engine is certainly not a boat anchor (or paper weight for that matter). I would get the car running and enjoy it.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 6:29
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I agree in general. This is not like fake hemi Chargers and Tempests with GTO trim. If your 40 coupe has a 40 engine, that's best, but most of its value is still there with a 37-48 Packard 6 cyl in it. If you change beyond that, you will have a mongrel. It's simple to put the correct model and bodystyle numbers on a repro plaque. The serial number being unknown is probably best left blank.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 8:34
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
I am just bidding on a 40 on ebay in Roseau mn,what would be the range of engine number for a 1940 engine number to know that it is an original 40 engine ?

Posted on: 2015/9/18 13:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
See the FAQ's on this site for engine numbers.

Engine Serial Number Reference

The number range for 1940 110's is from C1551 to C64111

Posted on: 2015/9/18 14:10
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
WOW...that was fast .....I couldn't get numbers that fast for a 2008 chevy lol....and I the ebay car has 4.5 hrs left...thanks

Posted on: 2015/9/18 14:14
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved