Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 202

jgrohn, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

1939 packard serial number
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
Great site....I just joined yesterday,from Brandon Manitoba Canada,on Friday I heard of a 1939/1940 Packard for sale some 700 miles northwest of me,saturday I arrived and bought it,problem is we do not have tittles in parts of Canada yet {nice problem sometimes] it is a coupe 110 6 cylinder,appearently the owner bought it in Chicago in early 1960s,stored in a shed since ,it has the separate bullet headlights,engine has a big rebuilt tag on it dated 1954-so it may not be the original engine-left side of block below head has stamped numbers 30611 with maybe a capital 'T' in front of number,I do not see the big square id plate anywhere on firewall.......if I knew the correct number and year I can just scribble a bill of sale out and go register it in 5 minutes [kinda like a tittle in US].I can post pics if it helps too,also the front bumper has a grille guard with 3 horizontal bars,and in center of front bumper a chrome art deco piece {like a clam shell} options ?....any info would be appreciated thanks.....also the guy has a fairly nice 1925 Packard [made into a truck or it is a truck] 8 cyl for $2500.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 23:22
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 packard serial number
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Good news for you Brandon, you have a 1937 Packard 115C body style 1088 or 1085, depending on whether yours has a rumbleseat or not. Post some pictures for us to envy. Also, did you snap any of the '25? Several forum members may be interested, but honestly the distance would be a big factor....

Edit - the T30611 engine number suggests the above. You state below the 110 hood side trim and 1940 style parking lights, yet headlights on stands, well, gonna have to see pictures to tell you for certain what you have.

Welcome.

DAF

Posted on: 2015/9/16 0:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day cdncoupe,
to PackardInfo. The engine serial number quoted T30611 is in the range for a '37 Six engine, basically the same engine as '39/40 but slightly smaller displacement. If you can post photos of the car it would help in it's identification. Another thing, knowing what the Thief Proof Number is, the large embossed number in the firewall, could also help.

And, once identified, I invite you to include your Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 0:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
thanks for the replies,it is a non rumble seat,115c ? even though it says 110 on side of hood ? what part of firewall has thief proof number......the 25 Packard,i don't want ,if someone else wants-great

Posted on: 2015/9/16 0:40
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
I cant get pics to load from my phone,will try loading to comp and then to here tomorrow.....is the thief proof number stamped in firewall itself ? and where ? pleeeze......if anyone has a pic of where the thief proof number is for me to go by......also can I buy repo fender white marker light lenses[1 missing].....I will try to get it running tomorrow also....it is checking out good so far...just a line on the block looks like a possible crack....but hope not

Posted on: 2015/9/16 1:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Thief Proof Number is embossed usually about in the middle of the firewall. In case it's a '40, I think some of those didn't have an embossed number! If it has 110 badges, good chance it's a 110. Another identifier might be the windscreen - '37's had a one piece while '38 on had two pieces of glass.

Below, for reference, is a photo of a Thief Proof Number off a '39 110 Coupe.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.03 KB)
226_55f908bb83798.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/9/16 1:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Theft-proof number is in the range for 1939.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 8:20
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
wow those are big theft proof numbers.....mine has the triangles......but no number between......it is 2 piece windshield

Posted on: 2015/9/16 12:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
.....mine has the triangles......but no number between......

That would identify it as a 1940 model, and an earlier production unit rather than later when they resumed numbering. What the hiatus from stamping the TPN for the early 1940 models? - some conjecture but no facts; another Packard mystery.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 12:38
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

cdncoupe
See User information
Just my luck to get one with no serial number.....I guess I could part the car out.....thanks for the info

Posted on: 2015/9/16 12:49
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved