Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 80

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: What's Your Favorite Packard Engine and Why?
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
OK I agree that Packard built great engines. But don't underestimate the post war 6's used in the taxicabs. I have owned and maintained Packards with the 282, 288, 327, and 356 engines and they are all examples of quality workmanship. I thought that the Packard 6 cyl was (UGH) a inferior product until I purchased my taxi. The 245 six has proven to be as well built or maybe a little better built than the straight 8's of the same period. I have battened down the hatches and am ready for the bombardment from you 8 cyl guys, so fire away.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 10:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
packardtaximan,
I have never owned a Packard six. One of the members of our PI chapter had a 39 six for a good number of years and seemed to get excellent service from it. I am sure the post war six was just as good. I suppose much of the six was based on the design of the 8 and is under stressed. No bad feelings towards the six from me.

Posted on: 2008/11/8 18:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I guess for me there is more than one favorite Packard engine.

1. 356 engine
2. 327 nine bearing engine.
3. 327 five main bearing engine

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/11/8 20:11
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved