Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 201

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: torsion level gear box rubber
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Lyod: There is an old saying never judge a book by its color. If it wouldn't have been for a young fellow in his 30's, this web site wouldn't be here today

There are also a lot of grey haired old dudes out there that are dumber than a box of rocks.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/11/22 8:21
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Check out these places and do a search for square cut o ring. Each of them have a good selection of materials and sizes. Measure the shaft diameter, recess diameter & estimate thickness of what you need & should be able to find something reasonably close-same for the short bar front bearing seal you photographed and asked about some time ago.

http://www.mcmaster.com/
http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm

Here is another resource for various items.

http://www.smallparts.com/

Posted on: 2008/11/22 10:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
HH56, thanks for getting the thread back on track. I didn't mean to hi-jack it with my comment but perhaps I should apologise to Eric and the younger members of our group and qualify my previous post.

I have encountered, just in the past few months, one young man and one young lady at a couple of the national chain, parts houses in the local area who went out of their way to help me locate parts for my car. Neither lasted very long.

One of the formerly locally owned chain stores that I used for years recently became part of a national chain and their helpfulness, to me, has deteriorated noticeably.

I applaud all young people who have somehow acquired a respect for quality service in today's prevailing corporate atmosphere that predominantly rewards (and punishes) employees and managers seemingly solely on the basis of sales volume.

Currently, the most helpful parts house in my immediate locale happens to be a company owned national chain store - rather than one of their franchises - but they have one employee whose sole function seems to be dealing with customers looking for parts that aren't cross referenced in their computer database. He's an old guy and has his own undoubtedly, "outdated," references (they'd have to be --- they're printed). I appreciate him and appreciate the fact that they're attempting to service ALL of their potential customers but - I'd still go there for parts if he was a young guy or, even better, a young, good-looking woman.

I ain't prejudiced, I just want to find parts that will fit my car.

Posted on: 2008/11/22 10:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
"There are also a lot of grey haired old dudes out there that are dumber than a box of rocks."

But not all of us ........
John

Notice Packard content!

Attach file:

jpg  (29.69 KB)
588_492837c8123e6.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (62.51 KB)
588_492837e63fc51.jpg 870X570 px

Posted on: 2008/11/22 11:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
John, Nice work with Photoshop. How did you manage to get those young babes in the photos with the old guy

Posted on: 2008/11/22 17:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Just lucky... ...Was invited to a suite for one of the VOODOO (Arena Football) games, and the team cheerleaders, the Voodoo Dolls, split up and visit the suites during the game. Would you believe my wife took the photo!

Posted on: 2008/11/23 1:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
ok the seals you are wanting for the gear box are special. they have a step made into them. i have some nos ones right now that i'm working on reproducing. stay tuned for details!

p.s. i'm a young guy! (32) and have worked in the auto parts industry for 13 years!

Posted on: 2009/3/2 21:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved