Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 207

jgrohn, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1950 Packard Eight Touring Sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The AC unit looks a bit long and wide for the car. Don't recognize what it came out of right off but agree that it was probably not installed and placed in the back seat for storage only. Maybe the previous owner had visions of transplanting it into the car. I had similar ideas for a couple of units in my 47 but as I found out with the unit I wound up building, the spare tire location and some body bracing cuts down on space above the shelf and prevents a lot of great ideas from coming to fruition.

Posted on: 2016/9/13 8:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Todd
See User information
58L8134 - Steve, thanks for checking out my thread and words of encouragement!

HH56 - Yes, it's a pretty bulky unit and I can see it would pose some challenges if I was inclined to include it in the build. I like where the spare is at and will most likely go with one of those aftermarket, under-the-dash A/C units. The back deck lid is untouched and I don't like the thought of cutting all those holes in it. It would also make for a great place to put some 6x9 speakers in, but again I'm not sure I want to put holes in a pristine deck. Maybe some small speakers up front by the air vents, will most likely have to re-do those kick panels anyways. Thanks for your input, it's greatly appreciated!

Posted on: 2016/9/13 10:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Is there a manufacturer's plate on the sheet metal cover of the AC?

Posted on: 2016/9/13 11:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...I live in Scottsdale and have a 1949 288 Deluxe 'Miss Princess'. Nice that you found your old girl so close to home...hiding in plain sight. If you need extra hands, now and again, give me a shout. Ernie

Posted on: 2016/9/13 12:02
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Todd
See User information
bkazmer - I did a quick once-over when I pulled it out and didn't find anything to help I.D. it. When I get a chance I'll give it another look and take some more pics.

Ernie Vitucci - Thanks Ernie, much appreciated!

Posted on: 2016/9/13 14:26
Todd
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved