Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
170 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 167

Ozstatman, R H, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

SEEKING LOST PAN AMERICAN PACKARDS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Over many years I have assembled a large amount of information and photos on the Packard Pan American concept cars of the early 1950s. But one thing has continued evade me.

There are two Pan Americans whose whereabouts are unaccounted for today. One car went to Europe in the 1950s. I have photos of it taken there. However, it is unclear as to whether this car ever returned to the USA. There continue to be rumors of a Pan American in Europe. Some claim it is in France. Others say Germany. Still others say it is in a museum, but the museum I contacted claims to have no knowledge whatsoever of a Pan American. So what is fueling all these rumors? Is there a Pan American in Europe? If so... where?

Also there is another Pan American rumored to be in a garage somewhere in the eastern USA. Supposedly this car is disassembled and in parts. Does anyone know who has this car and where it is located?

The big reason why I'm asking about these cars is to complete a full and final history of the Packard Pan American. This history will appear in The Packard Cormorant magazine once completed. Many years of work have gone into this history but these pieces still remain to complete the story.

As you may know, six of these cars were originally built. I have followed most of them since the 1950s, but where are they all today?

Please feel free to respond here or PM me.

Thanks much!

Posted on: 2017/2/25 19:53
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved