Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 216

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard 1934 1101 roof advice
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave
See User information
hi there guys have been on here for a while,i have a question about the roof panel,i have had a look and there are woodern beams i think chicken mesh wadding and vinyl with a trim around the roof, i have read on the forums before it is a lot of work, i have the channel which the beading lays in is rotted and need to be repaired,i have been looking question could make the wooden frame work and make a roof panel steel sheet and weld which will fill in the roof area,then paint and fill,then glue the vinyl to the roof and then trim after,would this affect anything other than making the roof stronger
any advice,
cheers Dave

p.s the floor has rotted away there is no wood left has anyone got any pic or plans to show how the wood would have been fitted

Posted on: 2017/5/6 1:54
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard 1934 1101 roof advice
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Seems like a lot more work than just doing the job correctly. Not necessarily a big deal but by eliminating the wire mesh you'd be eliminating the radio antenna (closed body styles). BTW, the fabric is not vinyl, it's roof topping, a rubberized cloth product still available in several grain patterns.

Posted on: 2017/5/6 8:05
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave
See User information
hi there the problem is there is a lot of damage rust etc,is the trim piece available and any idea where i could could get a repro one,i don't like my idea much but its an idea, I'm on the fence with it,but there is a lot of rust damage there i like doing things properly

Posted on: 2017/5/8 16:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've never heard of a source to exactly match the trim, unless there is now a source I've not heard of you'll have to make from brass or aluminum. The four curved corners will prove rather challenging to fabricate.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 17:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved