Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 209

kevinpackard, Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1942 Model 2055 "160" rear end leaking
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

auto.nut
See User information
The rear end is leaking a little where it attaches to the drive shaft. I was wondering if anyone can supply the Packard part number for the rear end front seal. I am thinking I can perhaps still obtain the seal by cross referencing the number with some of the major seal companies.
If anyone can supply any additional info such as the physical size or even where one could be obtained that would be great. I would like to make sure I have a replacement in hand before I start work on the rear end. Thanks much.
Lee Noga
p.s. Where can Packard part numbers be found for this auto?

Posted on: 2017/5/9 13:04
 Top  Print   

Re: 1942 Model 2055 "160" rear end leaking
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...Kantor and Max Merritt are our main suppliers and I would imagine that either would have what you are looking for if it is available anyplace. Give both a call and check availability and price. Ernie

Posted on: 2017/5/9 13:23
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Re: 1942 Model 2055 "160" rear end leaking
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You can get a reprint of the 42 conventional body parts manual from the PAC store.
Kanter may also have the 1942 manual. It would be interesting to know why the 42 has a separate list and is not part of the 35-41 manual.

Some of the pinion seals can be sourced individually but others seem to be a special size to the shield or carrier which presses into the axle housing assy and do not seem to cross to modern. It might take some actual dimensions off the old seal to find those.

If you do find an old number there is a Packard and Stude part number cross list available at the Studebaker club.http://www.studebaker-info.org/Cb/MetalSealXch.txt A lot of the National, CR or Victor numbers on that list will cross at the SK interchange search page and might be a start. If you have no luck, am sure vendors will have what you need as they have done the legwork.

Posted on: 2017/5/9 13:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved