Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 215

Phat Jonny, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Running Board Lights ? For '34 1101 2-4 Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
There appears to be a spot for a running board light on the frame just above the running board itself (same on each side of car), but I can't find any information about such an option. Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?
Thanks !
TomB

Posted on: 2017/6/23 15:44
 Top  Print   

Re: Running Board Lights ? For '34 1101 2-4 Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
So you want someone to shed some light on a light?? Yes there was one on each side.

Posted on: 2017/6/23 16:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Running board lights were not a feature of the Eights (1100, 1101, 1102). What you are seeing is an access cover for servicing the forward shackle of the rear spring.

The Super Eight and Twelve had running board lights.

Posted on: 2017/6/23 16:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Haha Yeah, that about sums it up alright as I seem to be in the dark about most of my car !!
Thanks Frank.
Tom

Posted on: 2017/6/23 16:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
OKay. Got it now. No running board lights for my 1101 Standard 8 !
Thanks O.D., I shoulda came here 1st !!

And if I may.....Is there a difference in size or layout for the instrument panel
between the Standard 8 and the Siper 8 and the 12 ?
My Std 8 bezel has a beat down flat spot in it (no idea why. how. ext) and I have just found one on the internet but it is specifically labeled for the 12. In comparing pictures of the two I can't see a difference.

Posted on: 2017/6/23 16:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Please, your model (and mine) is an Eight, NOT a Standard Eight! The "Standard" prefix was not used after 1932.

Though all 11th Series have similar dash instrument panel fascias, each model has a different texture and finish, and there are some subtle differences in the instrument faces as well.

You should find it worthwhile to go to The Packard Club website, then the forum, then "Packard Photos", and the the thread on "original feature details"; quite a bit there on the 11th Series.

Posted on: 2017/6/23 17:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Thank you again O.D. for my ongoing education ! Part of which is eliminating the word "Standard" when identifying my car !! Eight (8) it is !!
Which goes to confirm that without guys like you, guys like me will keep on making mistakes !
You are appreciated for all of it !
Tom

Posted on: 2017/6/23 17:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved