Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
64 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Differences in Packard Rims
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Hello I recently found person selling Packard Wheels he has about 8 but I noticed not all are the same in width. Most are 7inches wide and others are wider.
Bellow is a picture if the diameter.
This would be for a 55 clipper.

Attach file:

jpg  (415.34 KB)
167221_5a04fa232322c.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/11/9 20:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Differences in Packard Rims
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I believe wheels are measured from the inside rim to inside rim. Packard models were heavier and had 800-15 tires on a 6" wide rims and Clippers had 760-15 tires on 5 1/2" rims. The bolt patterns are also different. IIRC, Packard was 5 inch and Clippers were 4 1/2" but someone else will have to verify that is the case and those are the numbers. Think the center hole diameter and backspacing was the same on both wheels.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 20:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Differences in Packard Rims
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I have used 1980'ish Dodge 1/2 ton pick up truck wheels on my 56 Executive. About the only difference is the centre offset. Only about 1/8" difference IIRC.

Posted on: 2017/11/10 10:27
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved