Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 163

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Instrument Cluster Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Hello all gonna start back up on going thru Bonnie, has any one used any restoration shops for their clusters.... i scored a second cluster the exact same color as the one i have so i have 2 of all gauges....well one of the temp gauge, the temp gauge in the car now is the wrong color and older, it works fine if someone is interested.

Attach file:

jpg  (92.61 KB)
167108_5bd10664f2dd2.jpg 933X1920 px

Posted on: 2018/10/24 18:55

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Re: Instrument Cluster Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Pat,

I am in the market for a temperature gauge. You say it is 'older' - do you know what year?? I bought a gas/battery cluster on Ebay and it was for a 40 or a 41, and the gauge face was slightly different from mine, but when I took it apart the actual sender face was identical and I just moved it over to my cluster and you can't tell it isn't original. Does your temp gauge have the sender and nut intact?? Thanks, Chris

Posted on: 2018/10/25 16:28
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Re: Instrument Cluster Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yep all intact and i was one of the luck ones it came right out, the nut is not buggered at all. When i last drove the car the temp gauge worked fine. The pic in my original post is the face i dont know how to tell what year its out of....maybe some one here knows. If you want pics PM me your email and i will send pics of the nut and cable.

Posted on: 2018/10/25 17:01

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved