Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
190 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 189

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Oil Filter Housing Mystery Part
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Well as original it does say Packard on the top so I would assume (we all know what happens when you assume) that it would be more original the the red aftermarket on that's on it........ I hope I can get it fixed!!

Posted on: 2018/11/8 22:55

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I provided the "Packard" Purolator filter canister. Of course I had no knowledge that sandblasting would perforate the canister prior to powdercoating. Packard used "standard" purolator canisters, and had the tops stamped with the Packard identification. Does anyone have a (bottom) canister as a replacement - Pat is really intent on having a "Packard" filter on his car.

Posted on: 2018/11/9 0:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Flackmaster......Sand blasting did not perforate the canister, look at the picture in post #1 that i posted you can see holes present after being washed its still wet, all the blasting did (small booth not the big one) was show where all the weak spots are and expose what good metal was left. What caused the damage was the water that was sitting in the canister along with about 1" of sludge in the bottom for how many years we dont know.

As far as wanting a Packard original absolutely why not if i can?????? You say it like im being unreasonable or like it doesn't matter???????? there are those here that would commend me for wanting to go original and there are those that say "uhhh whatever you want" ......if i can get original stuff and look i will. My car ill do what i want correct???? might be a little different tune here if i had yanked the six out stuffed a 496 BB in it, changed the drivetrain in it, and a new frame, tubed and channeled it and then clear coated over the original patina you probably would have one of the first here to tell me it was sacrilege (which i do unless the car is too far gone) we dont need to go into what you made money wise on this (tag with your purchase price was still on it) or what i paid or what i will pay to try and save a original part.

All i said in this thread was i bought it off this website i didnt name any names, i also sent you a email wondering if you had a canister that wasnt rotted out i dont think that was bad i was nice and was even willing to pay for a good canister or a whole nother setup to make one good.......i dont think that im being unreasonable!!!!!!

Posted on: 2018/11/9 11:51

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
You are misreeading my intent. I posted publicly to support your effort of wanting to maintain a correct original part. Knowing that the purolator canister need not be "packard" may be the clue to getting a replacement. I will happily refund the price paid, no issue there, with apologies for the false start/trouble this has caused.

DAF

Posted on: 2018/11/9 18:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks for clarifying no refund is necessary..... It looks as thoughthe brazing will fix the issue with some fine sanding and a good coat of powder it will be like new

Posted on: 2018/11/9 18:59

Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved