Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
229 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 228

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

barn find packard pan american(just kidding)
Just popping in
Just popping in

nopackardinmygarage
See User information
did they build any?

Posted on: 2009/1/19 8:04
 Top  Print   

Re: barn find packard pan american(just kidding)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Actually, if you start digging around in Mexico, you might find one: Packard Carrera

And: Packard Carrera

And: Packard Carrera

Posted on: 2009/1/19 8:57
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

nopackardinmygarage
See User information
Do you know the one I mean ,its a full size 1952,or 53 something, convertible,sits low , first four barrel carb, wire wheels?

Posted on: 2009/1/19 18:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Yes I do, and no I don't know where you'd even begin to find one, as I think they're accounted for.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 19:50
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

nopackardinmygarage
See User information
You Know I'm sorry for the title,of this post,turbopac man,judging by the first words of your sentence,I have insulted you. You didn't give any numbers ,as to the cars produce. Seeing I don't have any knowledge,of this ,I think I have offended you...Good day Sir

Posted on: 2009/1/25 12:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
No offense taken! As for the numbers produced, I'm thinking no more than a handful at best.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 14:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
There were a total of six Pan American show cars built in 1952 and the first built Pan American was returned to the Packard styling department where is was altered "dramatically". This car was owned by the McCauley family for about 20 years. It now resides in the collection of the Detroit Historical Museum. This is all according to the book "Packard" by Dennis Adler(1998). The Packard, A History.... etc concurs that a total of 6 were built by the Henney Company for Packard. I have no knowledge of whether the remaining five cars exist or where. Perhaps others can help?

Posted on: 2009/1/25 14:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
To my knowledge the best-known of the remaining, that is, the one that's seen most frequently at Concours and shows, is in the Marano collection here in New Jersey. There are several photos of it on this site, kind of a light golden green color. I've seen the car quite a few times, it's truly a stunning restoration.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 15:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved