Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wrong light switch?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Super8
See User information
Hello,

I am restoring 2 1933 Super 8 and bought 2 wiring harnesses. The first fitted great but now I am running into an issue with the second one. I suspect I may have a wrong switch (located at the bottom of the steering column) but I am not sure if I can use as is and just change the connections or if I need to locate another switch.

In the enclosed picture the drawing came with the wiring harness. The picture of the part is the one that I have that came with the car. Any help in identifying what I have would be great. Many thanks

Super8

Attach file:

jpg  (40.28 KB)
148174_5e0b99392219e.jpg 647X402 px

Posted on: 2019/12/31 13:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Wrong light switch?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
According to source books of the era the correct switch for a 1933 Super 8 is an R.B.M. Co. Model LS-600.

Posted on: 2019/12/31 14:27
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Super8
See User information
Many thanks but I am puzzled as to where you have found the R.B.M. number? I checked the part book on page 168 and I get PN 209456 but do not see RBM.

I guess I will start inquiring around for model LS-600. Any idea as to what I have?

Thanks again

Super8

Posted on: 2019/12/31 21:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The publication Standard Auto-Electricians Manual identifies that R.B.M. unit as Packard's source for headlight switches used in 1933. The same switch was used in 1934 and a very clear wiring diagram for it is in the 1934 Service Letters which are available on this site. Also, general wiring diagrams both on this site and on The Packard Club site show the switch, though by far the one in the Service Letters is the clearest.

Posted on: 2020/1/1 8:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Super8, here's the illustration fron the 1934 Service Letter.

Attach file:

jpg  (61.86 KB)
177_5e0f4ac363c67.jpg 835X928 px

Posted on: 2020/1/3 9:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved