Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 129

happy, r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How many seats has got a 1947 Sedan Clipper officially?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
For my registration of the car i must tell to the officials how many seats my car has got. i think it is a 5 or 6 seater. I have got a 1947 super clipper sedan. Where to find a original Packard sheet about that?
My owners manual doesn?t show the number of seats. For the repair manual it is the same. no information about this. could anybody please tell me a source for this information? Best regards and thank you very much in advance. Josef

Posted on: 2020/1/12 11:58
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print   

Re: How many seats has got a 1947 Sedan Clipper officially?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here are a couple of references listing the passenger capacity. The first is out of the 41-47 Clipper parts manual, Body I section. That lists the chassis type and body designation part of the vehicle number for all Clippers.

The second reference is from the Oct, 1945 Vol 19 #10 Service Counselor which contains the complete mechanical specs for the 46-47 21st series models. Note that the body number shown in that list is for the 46 models but if you refer to the chart in the Body I section you will find the 47 model year designation.

If you do not have printed copies of the literature you can download both items from this website.

Attach file:

jpg  (139.29 KB)
209_5e1b5607f1c21.jpg 1664X934 px

jpg  (119.10 KB)
209_5e1b5615b54f0.jpg 1368X998 px

Posted on: 2020/1/12 12:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: How many seats has got a 1947 Sedan Clipper officially?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
Dear Howard, thank you very much for your fast reply. that was exactly what i am looking for. Somehow i was not able to find it. Yes of course it is to find in the manual, but i did not see it. Sorry!
Best regards and thank you very much again.
Josef

Posted on: 2020/1/12 16:57
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved