Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
182 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 181

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 180 Owner's Manual
Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
I recently obtained a 1941 180 7 Passenger Sedan to keep my 37 Sport Coupe company in the garage. The prior owner included Motor Manuals, Flat Rate Manuals and a 1941 Packard Preliminary Shop Manual that includes Custom Super Eight One-Eighty Models 1906-1907-1908. I have looked at the Packard Literature and Manuals link on this site but I do not find anything that specifically says it is an Owner's Manual. This Preliminary Shop Manual reads and looks an awful lot like my 1937 Packard Six Operation and Maintenance Data Manual. Is this 1941 version in fact the Owner's Manual? It has almost all of the same type of useful information that the earlier manual has, but the different name is the cause for my confusion.

Posted on: 2020/3/8 19:05
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 180 Owner's Manual
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I have a 1940 Shop Manual and an Owners Manual for 160-180 and I believe they are identical except for size. The Owners is close to 6x9 and the Shop is 8-1/2 x 11.

I believe the "1940 Shop Manual" is a modern reprint of the Owners Manual on letter-size paper. But I haven't compared them page by page.

For deep shop issues, I have to refer to the 1938-1939 Shop Manual (a genuine manual) and the Service Letters for the period.

Posted on: 2020/3/9 11:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved