Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

question on removal of interior molding on 1941 Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
I must be missing something. I'm in the process of removing the interior window moldings and dash on my 1941 Clipper to have them refinished. The problem is the rear window molding does not want to come off. I've got all the screws out but it won't budge. Rather than possibly breaking the window I thought I'd put it out there to see if I'm missing something. The side moldings were pretty stubborn and were stuck in place but came off ok. Thanks

Posted on: 2020/6/14 15:00
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Re: question on removal of interior molding on 1941 Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Been a while, but on my 47 Clipper, I just removed the screws and it came right off. I don't remember having any problems .
Wes

Posted on: 2020/6/14 15:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Agree with Wes. Believe the 41 is the same as postwar models and the chrome (or painted depending on model) finish molding on my Clipper also came off just by removing the screws. It does overlap the rubber molding holding the rear window into the body flange. If the old rubber molding has deteriorated and gotten sticky or if the headliner was replaced without removing the window and was just cemented to the rubber instead of the body flange excess cement or sticky rubber could be holding on to the finish molding.

You might try gently running a thin flat plastic scraper or putty knife around the inside between the rubber and metal to see if it frees up. Just be careful not to go so deep the tool might catch on the headliner and tear it.

Posted on: 2020/6/14 16:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
I'm not too worried about the headliner--it's going to be replaced. I think your suggestion that the rubber molding has stuck to it is probably correct. The side moldings were stuck pretty good without any rubber . I just wanted to make sure so that I didn't break the window because I missed something.

Posted on: 2020/6/14 17:41
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved