Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
35 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 34

Joel Ray, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Heavy-duty shocks for '55 Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I have a 1955 Clipper Custom with a Torsion-Level system that never fails to let me down. I have given up on the self-leveling motor because no matter what I do, it only works for a short time and then conks out, leaving me with the tail high or low. I have adjusted the riding height to where I am satisfied and will leave it at that.

It is clear that the shocks on the car are failing and need to be replaced. One problem that I now have absent the self-leveler is that when folks ride in the back seat, the back end sinks way down. So, what I want to find out is this: Are there heavy-duty rear shocks with coils that can work on my car? I don't see the front shocks as a particular problem, but I imagine that heavy-duty shocks for the front would compensate for the mediocre torsion bar setup.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Posted on: 2021/9/18 16:10
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved