Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 160

Tom (Packin31), DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

526, 6 cylinder torque values
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2dayistheday
See User information
I'm working on a '28 6 cylinder and I'm having trouble finding torque values for the head studs, connecting rods, main bearings. I realize that the bearings will all need to be rotated a bit to fit in the cotter keys. But I can't find anything other than tighten!

This information must be somewhere, but I be darn if I can find it!

Posted on: 2021/9/20 8:45
 Top  Print 

Re: 526, 6 cylinder torque values
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
There are tables of torque tightening specs available if you know the size and number of threads. Sorry, but I do not have a link to where they are.

I have read about removing a small bit off of the bottom surface of castellated nuts so the cotter pin will fit when the nut is tightened to its specified torque.

Someone here will know the answer to your torque tightening questions and get back to you.

Posted on: 2021/9/20 10:39
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved