Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 120

Alvin14, kevinpackard, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

weather strip door kit 1955 Caribbean
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

danharms
See User information
Recently purchased weatherstrip door kit for 1955 Caribbean. It came with no instructions for installation. Would like to have an installation diagram / manual.

Thank you,
Val.

Posted on: 2021/10/9 22:36
 Top  Print 

Re: weather strip door kit 1955 Caribbean
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
There really is no instruction manual. But generally from what I remember on my car and based on the image of the part from Steele website which is very similar, the Hinge pillar part is glued with weather strip adhesive to the pillar. But the fenders have to be removed first, as the seal is wedged between the edge of the fender and the body. There are flaps that tucks under the rocker and under the windshield trim. If there is a screw hole you use those as well, but most of it is glued.

As far as the permitted door trim, its glued on as well. You want the ends to meet at middle at bottom of the door.

Use the good black 3M weatherstip adhesive.

If you don't have your old seals still on for reference, ask for pictures from other owners on here.

Keep in mind, until the weatherstrip compresses and molds a bit, the door will be a bit stiff to close. Best to do it in a warm garage as it makes things more flexible.

Posted on: 2021/10/12 21:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved