Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 203

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

Re: How old are you?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
Since some are listing actuals:

1948 Case VA Wide Front
1949 GMC 250
1956 Packard Patrician
1957 Dodge COE
1959 Chris Craft
1962 Pontiac Tempest Safari Wagon
1964 Tule Trooper
1969 Cadillac Sedan Deville
1972 MCI Bus
1989 Saab 900 Turbo (my commuter pod w/267k)
1991 Range Rover (tow vehicle)
1992 Jaguar XJS
1994 Taurus (donated to a struggling screen writer in CA)
1998 Range Rover HSE (wifes)
2007 Hyundai (Hospital commuter pod for the wifey)

Thanks everyone for sharing! Seems to be quite a bit of real life knowledge and experience here!

Aside from the Packard, all but Tule Trooper are running. And I know the Packard will!

Posted on: 2009/4/13 12:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Gerd,

You and I have were born the same year. O what a great year that was :)

My stable at one time
1969 El Camino
1970 GTO with the 455 HO
1976 Pontiac Grand Prix with a transplant 400
198?'s Olds Cutlass
and now the only oldest car in my stable is the Packard

Posted on: 2009/4/13 18:57
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
GADS you guys are making me feel old.
64 And I learned to drive on a 34 Plymouth 5 window coupe that my brother and I bought for $10. We used to drive it around in the back woods

Posted on: 2009/4/13 19:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
My name is Kevin, and I'm about a week away from being 52. I was born the year after Packard left Detroit, but with any luck I may have been conceived before the last 1956 Patrician left the line!

Desi, I think I should know you, but for the life of me I can't place you. I was a college student at Michigan State when Motor City Packards was forming, and I think I was about a month off from being considered a charter member. I remember attending the early meetings at the Dearborn Youth Center. I've been a PAC Packard Club member for 37 years now.

My Packard was the first car I ever owned, and I still have it. In order of purchase:

1955 Packard Caribbean
1955 Packard Patrician
1970 Dodge Challenger conv - 383 four-barrel
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S conv - 383 Magnum
1956 Packard Patrician
1975 Chrysler Imperial sedan
1974 Corvette conv
1981 Buick Skylark Limited sedan
1985 Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
1979 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1967 Cadillac Eldorado
1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1993 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours
2002 Camaro conv - 3800 V6

I would love to add a Chevy Volt or a Cadillac Converj to that list someday!

Posted on: 2009/4/13 19:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
59. My father died suddenly when he was 60, so I'm not buying green bananas anymore!
This Ohio farm boy has been intregued with the Packard marque since he stayed with cousins in the Detroit area as a kid. The neighbor was a Packard dealer, so about every driveway on the "city" street (actually Livonia) sported a red hex, including my relatives. Then, as a teen, my future father-in-law and his brother got "into" Packards and toured with the VMCCA so I tagged along to get in good with the family. Well, I got hooked, and in 1999 purchased my first, a '54 Clipper Deluxe. I had been on a search for a Mayfair, but just couldn't find one I felt I could afford, so a settled for the 4 dr sedan which we lovingly restored. Less than a year later, our '52 250, a true barn find was uncovered, less than 30 miles from my house--from a tip from a fellow VMCCA member. It was ready to tour a year later. We tour in many pre-war caravans too and our '27 Pontiac had been very unreliable and uncomfortable for my wife (RA), so we decited to find and restore a smooth riding prewar Clipper. The first one we bought sight unseen, and when it got here from Alabama, it turned out to be too much for me. It was sold and the search continued until one was spotted on the web in Auburn, IN (a ACD Museum VP had it). We got it done enough to tour with it last summer and returned to Auburn on the first day of the tour to reunite with the former owner. My son, age 37, drives his '55 Clipper Custom (grandpa's car) on many of our tours with his family, making it a true family affair!

Posted on: 2009/4/13 20:31
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
55Packardconv:
SUPERB taste in cars. I could not have made finer choices.

But how did the chevy volt get in there?????

Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:12
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
T&J What is a TULE ????

Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:14
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THus far i'd say the prize goes to Owen for his 56 Carib at $12K.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
John--I'm 50, just turned this huge number in february.
I bought my '56 400 in 1982 at the age of 23, I wanted a '56 400, and found one near me, owned by Packards1 and another gentleman. I also Have a 1963 Chevy II 100 (base/stripper model) that I bought in 1980 for $100, to be my beater, then I figured out it was a 39.000 mile, all original car and that I shold preserve it. I had the bodywork and paint done in 1981, got the last pair of front fenders from GM's parts locator service, put new tires and new chrome on the car (all 6 pieces!). Not counting storage fees, I had a whopping $1,600 wrapped up in the car, and had a car I coulod take to shows and look good in. Five years ago I tore out all of the brake plumbing and put in stainless steel lines, new flex hoses, new wheel cylinders and new master, this set me back about $450, but I feel really good when I mash on the brake pedal.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 21:53
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
It is a wacky idea that just didn't make it big. I am a big kid at heart. I have no need for dirt bikes, 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers ect. I like to meander through the countryside without tearing it up. I have had minibikes since I was old enough to ride. This is a grown up minibike. I was in the right place at the right time. It it ready for paint and re-assembly.

Not nearly as collectable as a Cushman... but individualistic just the same.

Google: tule trooper. I can't seem to get my pix to post...

Posted on: 2009/4/13 22:05
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved