Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
70 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 69

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

How old are you?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
Sure this has been done to death. But we are all getting older and more and more forgetful. You may not have picked up on my subtle comment in a previous thread, but I just turned 40. Been driving classics since I was 17. I have vehicles from the '40's, '50's, '60's, '70's, '80's, '90's, &'00's.

So, just for grins and giggles; show your true age. Photos are not necessary! Some of us have delicate retinaes and can't be subjected to such visions!

So for the record: name, Thomas. age, 40. internal combustion contraptions, 15.

NEXT?

P.S. The 6 volt GMC performed flawlessly and our unicycle team came in 1st place out of 50 parade entries. All kids are 12 years old and under!

Posted on: 2009/4/12 22:22
 Top  Print   

Re: How old are you?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Kevin, 36, One rust collection apparatus.

Posted on: 2009/4/12 22:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Hi, I'm Eric, 33, as of right now only 1 rust contraption..... Feels like an AA meeting!

Posted on: 2009/4/12 23:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I am 37. I have had my hands on antique vehicles since I was 6, pestering the neighbor who was a former Earl C. Anthony employee. 1 Packard, 10 old vehicles total ranging from antique farm equipment to old motorcycles to a B-Model Mack truck tractor and Fruehauf Ex-military low-boy trailer.

I have previously owned 3 post war Packards (a long time ago); they were great cars! Since reading posts from the V-8 guys here, I think I am falling in lust with the idea of a 56? 400, Patrician, heck I don't know. I am basically a stock preservation guy. the 39 Packard is largely un-restored and in a state of preservation only receiving sympathetic restoration. It's a decent example of what a well maintained 70 year old car might be. I will admit my 58 Chevy is a guilty pleasure because I am not really worried about keeping that car in authentic condition.

Jim

P.S. the 9N Ford tractor, 30 Model A, and 39 Packard all start just fine on 6 volts. The Mack, Edsel, and 58 Chevy all start fine 12 volts. I guess either one works just fine.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 1:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
62 going on 18 since I bought my first Packard less than 2 years ago, and now have another one!. First car owned, with my younger brother so I had to drive it, was a '28 Ford Model A Tudor sedan when I was 17. Haven't had this much fun for 40 years.

Kev,

If Thomas & Jennifer agree, could you move this thread to the General Forum?

Posted on: 2009/4/13 5:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm too old to cry and too young to care. Still chaseing women 1/2 my age tho.

2wo 56 Executives (one is a parts/mock-up), 48 and 47 Chiefs, 56 Cushman, 51 TO20 Ferguson, 2wo 88 rangers, 89 Caprice, 01 Dodge ram 1500. All licensed and insured and in "daily" operation for many years (except the parts vehicle and tractor). All good low-mileage and RELIABLE and at least good 4our footers and at least cosmetically coorect for the most part. I DRIVE THEM!!!

Running a mixture of 6v and 12v. The Cushman is 6v AC (not DC). NO 6 to 12v conversions left in my my current stable.

Always ready to add another vehicle to the stable. Would prefer some pre-war vehicles for a change but basicaly i just take what ever comes along that strikes me rite, wheather female or metal.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 7:30
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm 68, retired now for 11 years as a research chemist. Here by memory are the Packards I've owned and prices paid and when bought where I could remember. The 1954 Patrician was driven the most miles (over 100,000), and the 1934 Eight and 56 Caribbean remain with me as show and frequent tour cars. All but the two Custom 8 sedans were 1-owner cars when I purchased them. EDTI - add: None were restored though the 1934 is still in superb original condition and the 56 Caribbean has seen alot of refurbishment. The first one was just a chance purchase, I was looking for a cheap car and didn't even know what a Packard was. A thrill after learning that S-P was still in business was communicating with them and having them send me new original copies of owners manuals and other documents.

1941 120 sedan, 1957, $25
1941 180 sedan w/AC, 1959, $35
1950 Custom 8 sedan, 1961, $85
1934 Eight sedan, 1964, $900
1954 Patrician, 1965, $65 (low mileage beauty)
1948 Custom 8 sedan, 1974?, $750
1956 Caribbean convert, 1997, $12,000

EDIT - I thought this was just about Packards but I see others have added their everyday cars and other collectibles. My other older cars as a youngster were:

1937 Dodge sedan, ex-Naval Air Service Taxi. First car.
1954 Hudson Hornet Special (2 dr), successful drag racer.

Everyday cars, all bought new and all traded for the next in line:

1962 Rambler American convertible
1964 Valiant Signet convert, 225 six with factory HyperPack.
1967 Dodge Monaco 2dr HT, 383 4 bbl.
1972 Buick Centurion 455 2 dr HT
1976 Chrysler Cordoba (w/o corinthian leather!)
1981 Chryser full-size New Yorker
1986 Chrysler New Yorker, 2.2 liter Turbo
1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (terrific vehicle)
1998 Chryler Concorde, 3.2 liter
2008 Lincoln MKZ

Posted on: 2009/4/13 8:35
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
Please move this to "General". I was in the wrong group again when this thought hit me.

Thanks for all the answers so far. It's nice to know your age and when I'm being looked up to, or talked down to...

Posted on: 2009/4/13 8:49
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David Conwill
See User information

One old car: Not a Packard ('68 Camaro).

Interesting, though, how many people who have replied to this thread were born after the demise of the marque. I wonder if that represents the growing youth of Packard owners in general, or just internet-using Packard owners.

Certainly those of us born in the '70s and later don't have many more-contemporary cars to appreciate. Things have become so disposable since the Packard era.

-Dave

Posted on: 2009/4/13 9:13
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Charles Neuhaus
See User information
75 and I have been an old car nut since my first car in 1950, a 37 Plymouth convertible. I'm retired from the Navy after 30 years. Have owned numerous old cars from the sublime (33 Rolls-Royce, 53 Bentley) to the not so sublime(48 Olds 98 convertible, 60 Studebaker Lark). Presently own a 56 Patrician, a 55 Patrician (undergoing restoration), a 40 Chrysler Saratoga, a 71 Ford pickup and a couple of modern cars.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 9:25
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved