Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
235 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 234

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Re: 1941 Packard 160
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
The gas tank was cleaned and coated by a professional place but I cant help but think it will have to come back out I should not be getting rust in the filter since it was done. it was also 400.00 to get done. Temp gauge moves but I had suspicions it was not correct thats why I had a temp gun with me timing was checked and rechecked many times. distributor mechanical advance also was checked many times. All rad and heater hoses are new nothings bypassed. New water pump. new fan belt thats tight. And tons of other things where done over the last year.All wheel cylinders were replaced and car roles easy. All brake hoses were replaced also I dont think there is a problem with the water distribution tube because when I would check engine temp with the heat gun it was not more than 5 degrees front to back on the head.

Posted on: 2023/4/16 10:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You might recheck the distributor vacuum chamber you got from a friend. They work until they don't. A leaking diaphragm can cause all kinds of problems.

Posted on: 2023/4/16 13:04
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
If everything else is OK, you probably have a clogged radiator. It might respond to being reverse flushed with air/water. This could be done in the car. I'd want to put some kind of hose and pipe arrangement on the radiator inlet to lead water and debris away from the engine and into a clean bucket, the larger the better. An air/water flush device can be bought and used with a garden hose and air compressor. The combination of air bubbles and water flowing through the radiator from the bottom up can often dislodge loose debris and wash it out. You can also remove the thermostat and reverse-flush the block.

Posted on: 2023/4/16 15:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Here's a typical water/compressed air flushing gun. These can be surprising effective at removing accumulated sediment and loosely adherant scale

Attach file:

jpg  Flushing gun 002.jpg (247.48 KB)
177_643c7ccd905bf.jpg 1500X1125 px

Posted on: 2023/4/16 17:55
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved