Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 218

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Henney Driveshaft Part Wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Is there anyone here with a 1951-1954 SENIOR Henney-Packard parts car? I am looking for the adapter that goes between the transmission’s flange-type (Mechanics) yoke and the loop-type (Spicer) u-joint. Below shows the yoke along with a modern adapter so I expect the one for these cars resembles the modern one.

Before anyone points it out, I know I can use a Mechanics to Mechanics u-joint and the Packard Parts Book even shows one as a replacement for the front joint but I would prefer to use the proper original joint which was Mechanics on one side and Spicer on the other so that all three u-joints are the same.

I am not looking here for referrals as I’ve already contacted all known Henney suppliers so if you have one yourself, please let me know.

Attach file:

jpeg  9AECA9DE-41A4-4607-A8EB-3296FB268B29.jpeg (155.30 KB)
60923_645a9b854ef15.jpeg 1280X960 px

jpeg  B74D2515-5679-4C6C-877F-7C64462D6C40.jpeg (5.75 KB)
60923_645a9ba17dbd4.jpeg 235X214 px

Posted on: 2023/5/9 14:18
 Top  Print   

Re: Henney Driveshaft Part Wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Anyone? Still looking and surely there are other Henney owners here with parts cars! I believe this same adapter was also used on the 1953-1954 long wheelbase passenger cars but not on the Henney Junior or the regular passenger cars which all had single-piece drive shafts.

Posted on: 2023/5/23 12:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
As we discussed in our conversation, I'm still on tap for a trip Out West to the second-to-last resting place for my '54 Henney hulk. Once I cut the floor out, I'll send pictures and you tell me what you want from what's there.

This will be the foundation for my How I Spent My Juneteenth paper this year.

Posted on: 2023/5/24 9:32
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Wat, yes, I haven’t forgotten and I appreciate it but I fear it isn’t there in your car so am just covering all ground by keeping the posting fresh just in case! This adapter has typically gotten replaced over the years by a different type of u-joint.

Posted on: 2023/5/24 11:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Maybe, and maybe not. The car is low mileage and has been a junker for a very long time. I doubt that the aft end of the transmission ever saw the light of day after assembly. I could be wrong, though. Regardless, the sawzall will reveal what's there.

Posted on: 2023/5/24 18:47
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved