Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 217

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

PISTONS 1954 327 CLIPPER DELUXE
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jorge Cardozo
See User information
HELLO, AM TRYING TO BUY PISTONS TO REBUILD MY ENGINE, BUT I CAN`T FIND THEM WITH THE USUAL SUPPLIERS , KANTERS DON`T HAVE THEM, MAX MERRIT, DON`T KNOW YET ,WHERE ELSE CAN I CALL TO FIND THEM , SEEN SOME ON EBAY, TRY TO BUY THEM FROM PERFORMANCE NOW DIRECT, THEY DON`T HAVE THE SIZE,(.030)WITH RINGS AND WRIST PINS, ANY IMFORMATION WILL BE HELPFUL ,THKS.

Posted on: 2023/5/19 22:53
 Top  Print   

Re: PISTONS 1954 327 CLIPPER DELUXE
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You might try Egge Machine. They have made old and obsolete pistons for years and their website does list piston sets for the 327 with an .030 oversize available. Rings for their pistons are found on another page at the website. I believe at one time Kanter even sold their pistons for one or two engines.

Just know Egge has stopped making pistons for some Packard engines and while the pistons for a 327 do still show available no idea if the website information is current.

If Max or Kanter cannot supply any and Egge no longer makes them I expect a set will have to be custom made at a specialty forge shop.

Posted on: 2023/5/19 23:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jorge Cardozo
See User information
Thank you all.

Posted on: 2023/5/20 12:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you do buy the Egge piston and ring set be sure to use the ring gap and piston fit to bore clearance specifications Egge recommends. They may be different from the factory spec as given in the service manual.

Posted on: 2023/5/20 14:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved