Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 164

TxGoat, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

technology carrier ZIS-110
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
A few days ago I was driving through a German village and saw work on a Soviet off-road vehicle "UAZ" in front of an open garage. I stopped and watched the installation of the water pump impeller. The car already had a modern replacement engine from a Russian third party manufacturer (GAZ, manufacturer of the Chaika) and a Japanese-made radiator. Then my eyes fell on the water pump shaft seal, which looked strangely familiar. Please compare the photos shown below for yourself.
The first pic shows the shaft seal of a (kind of) modern GAZ, the second a seal of the ZIS-110. I then searched the Internet for water pump seals from other Soviet vehicles. The last picture shows a spare part gasket, but this time from a Soviet heavy truck KraZ-255B that I sometimes drove during my time in the army.
I'm profoundly convinced to find the same seal installed in a 1942 Packard.

source of image #3: www.akgs.market

Attach file:

jpg  GAZ pump seal.jpg (45.94 KB)
757_6533a793b561b.jpg 900X675 px

jpg  ZIS water pump gasket.jpg (33.08 KB)
757_6533a7a96fac1.jpg 900X728 px

jpg  KraZ.jpg (109.96 KB)
757_6533a7b79fa9e.jpg 1222X812 px

Posted on: 2023/10/21 5:20
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved