Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1958 Packard Hawk brake bleeding
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chester Sams
See User information
Ok I am back yet again with another question, On a 1958 Packard Hawk Hydro vac brakes non AC where do you start bleeding the brake system? I have 2 manuals 1 says start act the vacuum bleeder and 1 says start at the hydraulic control valve bleeder both of which are on the bootser. The Vacuum bleeder is on top the hydraulic bleeder is on the lower from end.
Any insight?
Thanks in advance

Posted on: 2023/11/1 13:42
S&S Gas Works Garage LLC,Chester
 Top  Print   

Re: 1958 Packard Hawk brake bleeding
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You may have this bit from the 56 Stude shop manual as reprinted in the 57 Packard Clipper supplement. Not much info given in the 58 supplement other than specs but I believe it is essentially an identical layout to the 57.

Since the components are at different heights with convoluted passages in the Hydrovac and the lines go up and back down, I believe they are bleeding in stages starting with the master and line up to and including most of the control section of the Hydrovac. Since the fluid is common to all sections they then bleed the Hydro control section and paths going into power side then finally the power side and lines back down to wheels and the cylinders.

Attach file:

jpg  bleed.jpg (367.62 KB)
209_6542a1bd33cdc.jpg 892X1580 px

Posted on: 2023/11/1 14:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved