Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 229

RKS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Wiper transmission gear size 1936 Packard
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
My lower wiper transmission gears were missing on my 1936 Packard standard 8. Does anyone know what wiper transmission gear diameter is on 1936 Packard?
I couldn't find the lower wiper transmission part number in the parts book with would possibly lead me to a blueprint. I could use the outer diameter. A picture of the gear could help.

Thanks

Attach file:

jpg  wiper transmission1.jpg (410.71 KB)
199646_654bb9643f4fe.jpg 5152X3864 px

Posted on: 2023/11/8 12:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiper transmission gear size 1936packardi
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

DM37
See User information
I dont have the dimensions or part number, however a packard guy on Ebay that I've bought from has exactly your lower transmission gear/bezel full assembly with linkage bars for sale. His is definitely correct for a 1937 115/120 (junior series). It looks to be the same as your photo for a 1936 but you need to dig into the 37 junior parts book and it will delineate if they are the same part number as the 1936.

The parts manual is on this forum at:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/archive/content.php?op=&catID=51&ContentID=251

A second parts manual for the standard 8 up to 1936 is also on this forum at:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/archive/content.php?op=&catID=51&ContentID=337

The following is the Ebay link for the assy for sale:

I hope this helps:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134637342589

Posted on: 2023/11/8 17:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiper transmission gear size 1936packardi
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
Thanks, but when I give it closer examination it looks alot different where it interfaces with the body above the windshield. Ebay also has the inner part of the wiper assembly for a 35 to 37 senor cars like mine, but it has no lower transmission where my missing gear is. It looks like the parts manual calls the wipers a windshield cleaner but I don't see any transmission parts.
Since I can't find a part number to get a blueprint I thought, if someone had one off there car, I could get a picture and a couple dimensions so it could be made or found at a gear vender?

Posted on: 2023/11/9 11:39
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiper transmission gear size 1936 Packard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

DM37
See User information

Posted on: 12/24 18:04
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
The 120 c must be different lower wiper transmission than a standerd 8. I have a gear above the windshield so there must be a gear in the housing which
I have pictured. So, I your 120c parts will not fit. Thanks for the help.

Posted on: 12/28 11:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is the motor visible or hidden in the header above the windshield and is there one motor running both blades or two motors? In addition to the regular curved bottom vacuum motor such as used in the 120 and later models, Motors Manual shows a couple of Trico longitudinal tubular style motors but no indication if Packard might have used either of them. One looks to be for a single blade and has what looks to be a built in rack and sector type gear but the other looks like it might need additional linkage to go to separate blade pivot pieces.

Posted on: 12/28 12:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
My Standard 8 coupe (1936) uses 1 vacuum motor which runs linkage to 2 gears which protrude slightly through the header above the windshield. I am
missing the gears in the transmission which hangs down below the top of the windshield header like the one in the picture. I thought if someone had
one off and could see the part number of the lower transmission. I could get a blueprint and buy a generic gear or make one. I could not find the
part number in the parts list. It's probably there but I couldn't find it. Thanks

Posted on: 12/29 11:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know if having the original Trico numbers would do any good but here is a Trico catalog which shows components used in 35-36 and the 37 senior closed cars. The illustrations look to be what you describe and possibly some other cars used the same parts or possibly something could be found on ebay.

Ficken Wiper Service bought out much of the old Trico parts inventory and while I doubt they would have your part or sell it individually if they did, they might be able to repair or have gear information out of some older or more thoroughly detailed catalogs or service info.

Posted on: 12/29 12:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
Thanks Howard. I didn't realize that part was a vender. Thats probably why I couldn't find it in the parts list. Thanks again.

Dean

Posted on: 12/29 18:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I have been working on my 35 1200 and thought these pictures might help. The outer part you have pictured is at the platers.

Attach file:

jpg  0-8.jpg (31.73 KB)
1697_658f60cbe67eb.jpg 518X691 px

jpg  0-9.jpg (70.25 KB)
1697_658f60e43e91e.jpg 518X691 px

jpg  0-10.jpg (61.78 KB)
1697_658f60f64eba8.jpg 518X691 px

Posted on: 12/29 19:14

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved