Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

Kiwi Lad, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Kanter disc brake conversion kits
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mopar_Earl
See User information
Quote:

Bjorn wrote:
The kit they sell is actually from ABS Power Brake in CA so it's not their own product. Still think they should at least tell you that you can't use the original Packard wheels without changing the bolt circle. When it comes to poor fitment, maybe a CAD failiure?
Bjorn

They should also know what they are selling and have information when customers inquire. They have no instructions, no pictures, or even know if the all the parts are off the shelf. If they are using Abs Power Brake kits, then the rotors aren't off the shelf.

Thanks,
Earl

Posted on: 12/5 8:21
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mopar_Earl
See User information
Quote:

DavidPackard wrote:
Mopar_Earl if you do proceed with both the TV replacement and the front disk brakes would you consider the power brake swap first? I’m thinking there are a lot of forum members that would like to know if the power brake swap is acceptable with a drum / drum equipped car. I’m just thinking off the top of my head, but for a driveway stop or two wouldn’t a robust adjustment of the brake drag negate the need of a residual pressure valve for the front circuit? IIRC there was a poster that put together a front disk set-up from Ford pick-up parts that had the same wheel lug geometry.
dp

They said for those wishing to keep their drum/drum brakes they can include a 1" master cylinder and they said it wouldn't be touchy.

Earl

Posted on: 12/6 22:03
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cmarshall@kanter.com
See User information
Dear Bjorn,

I am sorry to hear of the trouble you had with our disc brake kit. Did you ever reach out to our company on this? We could've addressed the issue, contact the manufacturer and get you the correct parts. (believed to be sent in error) Will you please let us know what it cost you in labor so we can make this right? Please feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks,

Charod-Kanter
1800-526-1096 ext 322

Posted on: 12/8 12:53
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Bjorn
See User information
sent you a PM

Posted on: 12/12 22:16
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Bjorn
See User information
Ten days since I sent this PM to Charod-Kanter and no answer:

"I emailed John Wolfrom about this order and the last I heard on Dec 4th was that he was turning it over to customer support. I don't know how long I'm expected to wait for an answer? Spent about 4.5 hours on a Sunday to get everything right, Should the lady who owns the car pay me for those hours or should i just work for free?
regards Bjorn"

I was really expecting more from a reputable vendor like Kanter. However, I guess that writing a few lines here that looks good and after that just not responding anymore might be part of their strategy.
Bjorn

Posted on: 12/21 19:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Try the phone #?

Posted on: 12/21 20:35
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mopar_Earl
See User information
They never called me back or emailed me instructions as promised when I inquired about the kits. I moved on, I won't be buying their kit.

Earl

Posted on: 12/21 21:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I've rarely gotten email replies from them. Sometimes, yes, but not consistently as their online presence is rudimentary at best. No online ordering or payment, for example which, for a hearing impaired person such as myself, has always steered me elsewhere.

Posted on: 12/22 3:37
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cmarshall@kanter.com
See User information
@Bjorn.

Pm sent.

Posted on: 12/22 8:55
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cmarshall@kanter.com
See User information
Hello,

We have the ability to process our online orders through our website. If you run into any issues with any online ordering please reach out to me directly. charodmarshall@kanter.com and I will be happy to assist any way I can. I cannot fixed what's happened in the past but we will work diligently to improve communication going forward.

Thanks,

Happy Holidays to All!

Charod-Kanter LLC
1800-526-1096 ext 322

Posted on: 12/22 14:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved