Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 143

Packard Don, Packard 54, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1955 Patrician - On The Road Again Journey
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2T300RE
See User information
Soon I will take on rebuilding the twin ultramatic due to the front seals regularly leaking. I have received the entire kit from Max Merrit, and it's on the shelf waiting for the right time (most likely while the car is being painted). Any info/tips/tricks on rebuiding this unit outside of the service manual? I know my grandfather was the guru when rebuilidng these units (and everything else Packard related) so I'm hoping some of that knowledge will be transferred thru me someway, somehow...... I will also troubleshoot and resolve the parking gear/pawl sticking issue while apart. I have a brand new valve body on the shelf as well that may find its way in there. Current status: in D> - when cold, it doens't like to shift out of first until completely warmed up. in

Posted on: 3/9 14:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
- Watch Ross's videos on the torque converter (Speedwell Garage on YT)

- Scribe the torque converter parts before disassembly. The manual tells you to when needed but it's easy to miss. Note: do not scribe the secondary turbine as it only goes back on one way (noted in Ross's video also).

- Read thru my thread of common mistakes LOL
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=27459&order=DESC&status=&mode=0

- You will not be able to disassemble and reassemble the low range brake without getting creative. The high range clutch I could disassemble with the help of bar clamps, but could not reverse the method to reassemble it. I also had trouble with the tailshaft components.

Posted on: 3/10 21:25
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2T300RE
See User information
Thank you for the information! It will all be useful..

Yesterday the car ventured many miles... The more it drives, the happier it seems to get which is amazing.

I took it to my dad's house and he was finally able to see it again in person, and drive it for the first time in over 40 years..... Such a cool experience!!!

Posted on: 3/11 14:41
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2T300RE
See User information
Here's a short youtube link of the cars current status.

https://youtu.be/DhdhCTvfWpQ?si=yJqlpKnKcusz5W3D

Posted on: 3/25 11:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information

Posted on: 3/25 13:07
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved