Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 166

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Aircraft Models
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
It was a good movie with very good actors. I was surprised they didn't bleep the dog's name. Very ingenious of the real inventor of the bouncing bomb.

Posted on: 2009/5/25 10:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yeah, we were shocked when we first heard the dog addressed by it name. It was also interesting to see how the officers lived. Different times . . .

Posted on: 2009/5/25 10:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The dog's name is apparently causing quite a headache to Peter Jackson of The Lord Of The Rings fame, as he's remaking the movie and hasn't decided to use the original name of the dog or not. Meanwhile this "honkey" votes to keep it original, as that's the way it was originally written in 1951.

Posted on: 2009/5/25 13:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
that is one war movie i have not seen yet. but i vote to keep it in its 1951 form also. i wish they still made movies like that. 12 o'clock high, flying leather necks, 30 seconds over tokyo, battle of midway. i love those old war movies.

Posted on: 2009/5/25 19:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Many years ago I lived in a town where the French-Canadian police chief had the same nickname as the movie dog and he didn't mind as he had been called that since he was a kid. He attended a police bloodhound training school with me in Pennsylvania where there were police officers (one African-American)from all over the southern and eastern states. One day at the dinner tabel I inadvertently said something like "Hey N***** pass me the salt!"

Posted on: 2009/5/26 7:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
that's kinda like a hand full of years ago when i went back to school. we had a student from kenya who's last name was spelled NIGGER. but was pronounced NY GER. it was funny every time we started a new class. the instructor would get to his name and pause in stunnd silence, not knowing what to say. they were all southern white guys!

Posted on: 2009/5/26 20:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved