Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 210

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1950 Packard Deluxe 288 cu in 8 cylinder engine
Just popping in
Just popping in

Slatewood
See User information
I need the big end bore spec for the connecting rods " with out the bearing installed but the cap is torqued" I have the Packard service manual and the section in the back with all the specs it does not say. Also still looking for a good lower tank for the radiator it measures 20 1/4 x 2 inchs One from a manual transmission would best even though mine is a ultramatic I will be using a external trans cooler.

Posted on: 1/26 16:20
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950 Packard Deluxe 288 cu in 8 cylinder engine
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Using an external transmission cooler alone is not a good idea as it will cool only when in motion. Stopped or in slow traffic, you'll likely damage the Ultramatic. At least put in an inline cooler that was introduced later in the year which uses coolant circulation to help keep the transmission temperatures down.

Posted on: 1/26 16:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
I would tend to agree with Packard Don.

In my way of thinking it's best to have your engine's coolant system controlling the temperature of your transmission. Although no harm in adding additional cooling capacity by way of an external cooler as well. I think it's just as important to have a well maintained cooling system and engine because if your engine is running hot, so is your transmission.

Posted on: 1/27 0:54
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

eldividers
See User information
It's valuable information for maintaining the Ultramatic transmission system in the Packard.

Posted on: 1/31 4:21
People are successful because they think and act like successful people.-Tunnel Rush
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved