Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

shelf in Light Eight Coupe
Just popping in
Just popping in

Ronald
See User information
Hi, can anyone help me with the following.
There is a wooden shelf behind the seat of my Light Eight Coupe. In that shelf there is a hatch to a storage space. In my case, the shelf and the storage space are only painted and not covered. Does anyone know if that is the case? The entire interior is covered in leather, but not that shelf. that seems quite strange.
Thank you? Ronald.

Posted on: 2/13 14:15
 Top  Print   

Re: shelf in Light Eight Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Ronald -- John Ulrich, Ulrich Packard Parts in Richmond/Oakland, CA (the San Francisco Bay Area) has long owned a splendid '32 Light Eight Roadster (pictured on his below website) and knows these cars inside and out. John is also a good source for any and all parts for same. So contact him and please tell this worthy that Mike, '47 Super Clipper, Walnut Creek referred you. John specializes in 1928-47 parts.

https://julrichpackard.com/

BTW, your description of your lovely coupe on the Vehicle Registry here sounds almost apologetic for your well done survivor "not being in the usual happy colors." Stuff and nonsense. Your Light Eight is both elegant and jaunty in its refreshingly understated color scheme, and all the more sporting --an international mien -- wearing her simple black pumps.
Here in the States, we see more Packards, and vintage cars in general, ruined by circus wagon colors, white wall tires,and too many bolt-on options, which most Packard owners in the day considered gauche.

A quietly arresting car, yours. Bravo. By all means, get a copy of The Hemmings Motor News Book of PACKARDS. It contains a terrific, detailed article about the '32 Light Coupe by the most knowledgeable, erudite Michael Lamm, founder and first editor of the much missed Special Interest Autos. You should be able to find a copy online or by calling Hemmings at (800) 227-4373, www.hemmings.com

Posted on: 2/13 15:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved