Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 204

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Changing Heads on 56 400
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
And the heater gasket which I had carefully removed was reusable. Just take care removing the heater which is simple. Also replace the heater hose going through the heater to the rear of the pass. side head. There is no part number for that hose. Just buy a proper size hose with a right angle turn in it.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 19:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
55 Clipper Customs did use 352's!!!!! Supers and delux cars were 320's!!!!

Posted on: 2009/5/29 20:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
55 Clipper Customs did use 352's!!!!! Supers and delux cars were 320's!!!!

<p>
Uh, OK. Don't you think nine exclamation points is a bit much in the way of emphasis?
</p>
<p>
Craig
</p>

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:20
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
Thanks for the great info. The seats have been hardened and the heads polished and the valves were replaced with stainless steel valves. The guy that did them is a top notch machinist and he did a great job with them. The 400 is just getting freshened up with my remaining parts from the 55 clipper custom. While the heads were being machined i discovered several hairline fractures in the block. With the car being in rough shape i have decided to make the 55 clipper custom live up to its name. I am going to customize it. The 400 is owned by a friend of mines.I will post some pics of it soon. After the initial logistics on the 55 are confirmed i will have a lot of spare parts to sell or trade. Thanks again guys.

These parts include trim, glass, ac unit, heads, etc.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 23:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved