Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 234

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: I just bought a Packard, 1953 Clipper
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

qbert
See User information
Whew! That was a job. The oil pan was actually semi clean. Everything looked good as a spun it by hand and looked up into the engine so I sealed it back up, added some oil and gas and she fired up with no problems. Well, one problem, I think the carb float is stuck so I'll tear it down for a rebuild.

That's one smooth running engine.

Attach file:

jpg  (16.99 KB)
1580_4a37f219add91.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2009/6/16 14:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
qbert,

I think it was good that you went to the trouble of dropping the oil pan and inspecting the crahk shaft and block from down under. Nice view hey?

Sounds like you found a sweet machine. It will be great fun (interspersed with hard work). Very satisfying bringing a silent engine back to life.

Enjoy'

Dan'L

Posted on: 2009/6/16 19:50
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Check with Mike in Duluth Minnesota for your panel/floors - here's a post from last year:

Mike Dulinski. His address is 5590 Howard Gnesen Rd, Duluth Mn 55803 Phone 218-721-4631.

Mike was extremely helpful, knows Packards real well and is also a member on this site under 440PACSLER.

I initially considered some of the panels on e-bay, but would now ring Mike first to get his opinion on any panels before looking elsewhere.

I trust you have a similar, helpful experience.

Best regards

Posted on: 12/11 7:34:12

Posted on: 2009/6/16 20:33
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved