Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

John Iaccino, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Power Steering ,Back to Manual
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Actually, I don't know who Oriellys? Is or what eve. And sorry I dont know what PM means. Brian

Posted on: 2009/6/10 19:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Oreilly's is an auto parts store, and PM either means "private message" or Prime Minister if you're in Britain.

Posted on: 2009/6/10 20:15
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Brian, don't know where in the Detroit area you are, but there is a NAPA store on Telegraph near Ford Rd in Dearborn Hgts. As far as O'Reilly's, here in Detroit they still go by the Murray's Auto Parts name, However, I would bother with them as the times that I have been in there they have no clue as to what a Packard is. The computer system that they use doesn't even have Packard listed, and as you know, with the kids that work in there, if it's not in the computer it doesn't exist.

Posted on: 2009/6/10 23:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
This is on a 1951 300 - correct?
Do you know if the conversion was done using the 1952 to 1954 Packard power steering setup or some other system. The linkage for the Packard system is all completely different between manual and power steering except for the outer tie rod ends and connecting sleeves. The steering box for power steering also has a different ratio with fewer turns lock to lock. You may need to change all these parts back in order to return to the manual system.

Posted on: 2009/6/11 1:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
if the box is different, i have that for sure!

Posted on: 2009/6/11 18:49
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Speak to Dan Yocum (Iisted in the directory) he may have all the parts you need.

Posted on: 2009/6/12 21:06
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved