Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
97 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1937 Packard Boattail Speedster Replica
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
According to the article in The Packard Cormorant #131 (Summer 2008, page 28), the builder of the "1933"-looking car was 2nd Chance Classis in Gibbon, Nebraska. Dwight Bond was the fellow who started the company in 1985. He closed up shop in 2000 after 46 Coupe-Roadsters, 3 Victorias and 5 Limousines were built.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 20:10
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, "2nd Chance", thanks for the memory jog. The fiberglass body panels, or at least some of them, interchange quite well with the originals.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 22:28
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Petter
See User information
Gibbon, that place I remember from that advert I say.
No company still in production?
Is it possible to read the article in The Packard Cormorant #131 (Summer 2008, page 28) in some way for a non member yet?
Any one how still have the part mould from "2nd Chance"?
Then I tray to find some on internet I have only sean bad "look a likes". The advert I say then I was younger have get picture in my back head for many years know and it seams like that I mabe should be abel to start my prodjekt in a copal of years. I have the engine and gearbox and would like a Packard 33 body that should go well togheter.

Posted on: 2009/8/11 6:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Is it possible to read the article in The Packard Cormorant #131 (Summer 2008, page 28) in some way for a non member yet?

It is copyright-protected so the best way is to join PAC and buy the back issue. Club membership will add greatly to your enjoyment of the car. And there are hundreds of Packard owners in Sweden and the other Nordic countries, so you could probably join the Nordic Packard Owner's Club and no doubt some of them would have the article you want.

Posted on: 2009/8/11 7:47
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Petter
See User information
Is it any one how know any producer of bodys like on this picture

Attach file:

jpg  (16.11 KB)
1731_4a86c1e0bc033.jpg 450X300 px

Posted on: 2009/8/15 9:12
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved