Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Add AC to '53 {288 ci}
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stephenmajors
See User information
I think that I can make things work with the double pulley on the crank and a single pulley on the water pump. The problem that I have with the single water pump pulley that I now have is that it is for a wide belt. I need the narrow water pump pulley. I will not need to move the fan forward any with both crank pulleys being between the balancer and the engine. Only when the second pulley is added to the outside of the balancer is there a conflict with the fan and the belt. I have located the crank balancer with both pulleys(small width)but not the water pump small width pulley. If I was to use the single bolt on pulley, then move the fan out toward the radiator, I have considered moving the radiator forward or having another aluminum radiator built and positioned forward as needed. I am determined to make this work. Its just too hot in Florida to drive and enjoy this car. Thanks for yours comments and keep them coming. I'm not there yet! Thanks. Stve

Posted on: 2009/7/1 18:14
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
Stve,

Have you considered the swing mount for the Sanden compressor from Classic Auto Air? The photo shows the mount on my V8 but it was cut down. The mount as supplied is much bigger so that it may be configured to suit an individual's application. Classic Auto Air has many adaptions for older cars.

Jerry

Attach file:

jpg  (42.97 KB)
1278_4a4bf3785a32f.jpg 750X563 px

Posted on: 2009/7/1 18:38
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stephenmajors
See User information
Thanks Jerry, I don't know if it will work but I will ck and see if they have brackets for my application. I am amazed at how Packard People are willing to help each other. Steve

Posted on: 2009/7/2 16:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I am amazed at how Packard People are willing to help each other. Steve

It's just like I tell my wife, all we have is each other so we'd better stick together!

Posted on: 2009/7/2 16:53
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stephenmajors
See User information
Eric, I am interested in one bolt on pulley for my 53 engine. Please call me at 407 947 9831 and give me the cost and I will send the money. Thanks Steve

Posted on: 2009/7/23 11:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I don't have any pulleys, but an internal balance Ford 300cid 6cly one will fit, as well as one from an internally balanced 302 (that one's a custom dampener) The 300 6 cyl early pulley has 3 belt grooves stock, the aftermarket 302 internal balance dampeners have bolt on pulleys, so your options on pulley selection is almost limitless.

DO NOT USE a stock 302 Ford pulley, as they came in 28oz and 50oz imbalance, and will wreck your engine. You need one from the likes of Summit racing that has a removeable counterweight that once removed makes it internally balanced.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 12:34
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stephenmajors
See User information
Thanks again for the valuable information. Steve

Posted on: 2009/7/28 15:14
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
This site is just as good as the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum, new folks to the SDC forum are amazed at the number of responses they get to their "Hi, I just bought ....and need this part/info" questions.

John

I feel it's important for Packard/Studebaker folks to help each other as there isn't the same aftermarket support for our vehicles like there is for Chrysler GM and Ford where you can almost build a new car from the catalogs.

Posted on: 2009/8/1 19:12
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved