Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

Kiwi Lad, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Auctioneer Needs Help with a 1938 Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

D Smith
See User information
Don't worry I agree with you. I just have to let my client down easy on the price points. I'll let him have his way for now and see what happens.

I envision it selling for $500-$1000 in the long term, perhaps not that much based on the feedback I've gotten here.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 18:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
D Smith: My grandfather told me the true value of something
is what a person will pay.

I must say I certainly liked the slick way you slipped in the sales pitch about maybe someone in here buying the Packard or Dodge. I personally don't bid or buy anything that has a buyers premium of 13% added onto to it.

Heck in my area of the country I thought Roan's Auctioners
are high at a 10% buyers premium, seems you have them beat.

In closing good luck in your venture of selling the two vehicles.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/7/17 20:27
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

D Smith
See User information
John,

You sure are set against me from the start aren't you? There is no buyer's premium for any of our items on eBay. To be completely transparent, even on off eBay items where we do in fact charge a buyers premium we charge 13% for credit cards only. This covers the 3% per transaction fee we are charged by our credit card processor.

Anyone paying by cash or check (which is most people) pay the same 10% buyers premium you are used to. This is an industry standard for most auctioneers, simply because most times the commissions are low for the seller 0%-10% and the auctioneer pays their bills with the money made from the buyers premium.

I hate buyers premiums, but how does one be competitive when other auction houses are charging the seller 0% to sell items and charging 20% buyers premiums (See Heritage Auctions). So we fall somewhere in between, charging the seller a fair commission and the buyer a fair premium.

Dustin

Posted on: 2009/7/18 6:26
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved