Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: @#*&%*# Metric!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

MikeG
See User information
Not sure on the threads, but it took an 8mm wrench to loosen it. A small thing but enough to piss a person off just the same-Ah well

Posted on: 2009/8/14 9:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
You might wanna compare a good bleeder screw from one of the other cylinders. If the thread pitch appears to be the same, see if the old one will easily run into the port on the new cylinder, by hand.

If so, I'd make a trip to the parts store just to get another bleeder screw with the same hex (and threads) as the old one - not for judging or authenticity, but just so I don't have to mess around with one additional wrench again and again!

Posted on: 2009/8/14 10:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Guys, I presume we're all joking about the judging thing. Let's be real here - first there is no real difference between 8 mm and 5/16 (both the about the same at 0.31 inches), and even if it should have been 3/8 or 0.375, no judge would ever in ten lifetimes note it, much less give a hoot.

Mike - did you try 5/16 on the bleeder screw hex? It's a very common size for them and within a few thousands the same as 8 mm.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 11:00
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

MikeG
See User information
Owen-I am kidding, but I have seen Model A guys nit pick on something as trivial as the head size and finish on bolts that you have to crawl under the car to see.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 11:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes Mike, I've seen it too and have chuckled over it. Those Model A guys are either fortunate or unfortunate, depending on your stance, that so much data exists about those many little details.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 12:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
The nit pickers in the Chevrolet Corvette clubs are every bit as bad. I once had a Corvette fanatic tell me that there should be exactly 13 hog rings holding down each seat cushion cover on my '66 Stingray to be factory correct!

Posted on: 2009/8/14 12:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

MikeG wrote:
Even the last bastions of what was once a mighty industrial empire are giving way to globalism MikeG

Just imagine how citizens of the British Empire must have felt when the Whitworth system was replaced by SAE and Metric system.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 12:51
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

MikeG
See User information
As the owner of two BSA A10s I can relate!

Posted on: 2009/8/14 13:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"I once had a Corvette fanatic tell me that there should be exactly 13 hog rings holding down each seat cushion cover on my '66 Stingray to be factory correct!"

Should have told him: Yes, but only because Chevrolet was too cheap to 14 hog rings.

Posted on: 2009/8/14 13:23
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Mike G. Just out of curisoity what is the name of your Parts store????

Posted on: 2009/8/14 13:31
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved