Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 215

RKS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: rochester carb for 1955 400
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
That's the bottom of the carb. A lot of carbs back then used pot metal carb bodies and cast iron bases.

Posted on: 2009/11/1 17:30
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jed Sheehan
See User information
OK, thanks for that info. I thought it might be too easy if all the vacuum attachments were in a base plate. Oh well, we'll just have to figure out the vacuum attachments on the new Edelbrock.

Posted on: 2009/11/1 17:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Question: Eric, On the 1955 Four Hundreds, is the vacuum connection made at a port directly into the intake manifold, or is it taken from a port in the carburetor? With the first connection, there would be full manifold vacuum all the time. With the second connection, there would be a variable vacuum amount depending on the throttle butterfly valve position. Different sources would affect how vacuum advance behaves. If I recall correctly from the past, some engines used intake manifold as a source and others used ported carburetor as a source. Does the Edelbrock offer both? Just curious. Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/11/1 20:59
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Depending on what vacuum connection you need, as the distributor's different from the brakes. The Edelbrock has to small ports on the front of it, one's timed and one isn't, consult the manual for which is which. In the rear of it is a large vacuum plug, with an allen wrench head on it, that I removed and put in a fitting to run the brakes with. I've never seen a distributor that worked off of full vacuum, they're always timed.

Posted on: 2009/11/2 0:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved