Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 108

curpack, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

Packard used in car commercial
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
A 1951 or 1952 Packard convertible is being used as one of the main cars in a VW Polo commercial being shown in Europe

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (26.41 KB)
105_4ace8b4f9a9ca.jpg 620X369 px

Posted on: 2009/10/8 19:59
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard used in car commercial
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
oh noooooo, the polo's penance stare has set the Packard on fire!!

Posted on: 2009/10/8 20:03
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Or could be the Polo is wanting the
Packard

to LIGHT its fire!

OR Maybe not?

Posted on: 2009/10/8 23:14
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom Wolt
See User information
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3456708/3456708/

I hope this link works. Cool guys at VW.

And; it's a 51.

Tom

Posted on: 2009/10/9 7:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
That is a cool commercial -- i owned a VW before i bought my Packard and they are very fine cars, well crafted and high quality ---- its probably what Packard would be if it was still in business today and would have never jumped in with Studebaker

my VW was a Jetta Fahrenheit #51 of 1200 with 6speed DSG, leather, 200hp turbo 4 banger and 207ftlb of torque at 1800rpm -- hung with a Porsche at on the long sweeping turn from Sam Houston Tollway onto 45 North at 135mph -- and he paid WAAYYY more for that Porsche -- which VW now owns after years of Porsche trying to take over VW

Attach file:

jpg  (34.31 KB)
1757_4acf52bb6545c.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2009/10/9 10:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
i owned a VW before i bought my Packard and they are very fine cars, well crafted and high quality ---- its probably what Packard would be if it was still in business today and would have never jumped in with Studebaker

God I hope not! I have a 2002 Jetta and it's the biggest single POS that I've ever owned. I will NOT be buying another VW. The a/c compressor broke it's shaft, so now the a/c doesn't work, and the thing keeps eating ignition coils. It's a pile.

Posted on: 2009/10/9 11:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
Quote:

God I hope not! I have a 2002 Jetta and it's the biggest single POS that I've ever owned. I will NOT be buying another VW. The a/c compressor broke it's shaft, so now the a/c doesn't work, and the thing keeps eating ignition coils. It's a pile.

Well,i can imagine that you probably were changing computer programs and bigger turbos with superchargers turned around backwards and how many miles does that thing have on it anyway --- the maintenance is expensive and i had to have a few things done to mine but thats the way most nice cars are, if you want dependability and reliance you have to drive a Honda or a Toyota, it just sucks that Toyotas/Hondas are so dang ugly LOL ---

Posted on: 2009/10/9 12:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I haven't touched the car, it's a stock 1.8L turbo. It has about 85,000 miles on it, but started right after I bought it at 65,000 miles. Funny thing is, we bought this car right after we moved here, to give the '56 Patrician a rest. I should have spent the money I used to buy the Jetta and fixed up the Patrician. I would have 1000 times the car and no car payment! Plus, no one pays any attention to you when you're in a Jetta, not so when you're driving a Packard. I told my wife that I will NOT be buying anything newer than 1956 from now on, and I won't be buying anything that wasn't made by Packard. You can have all these modern cars, meh!

Posted on: 2009/10/9 15:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
no, i won't give up -- I like VW and the car i had was a great one and every person that i know that owns one loves it and hasn't had those kind of problems -- Eric, your problem was probably buying the car with 65,000 miles on it, there is no telling what was done to the thing before you got it --- and new cars are great at a lot of things, and i can tell you that only a mechanic like you would want to drive a 1956 or older car as an everyday driver -- i love my old Packard too but i wouldn't drive it the hundreds of miles a day that i drive my Hummer -- whats funny is that i can find people on the internet that hate Packards and would never own one and can give a thousand reasons why they would never own a Packard or a Plymouth or any particular car you pick there are people who love 'em and people who despise 'em ---- my point was that my anecdotal experience has been that VW makes a very nice car with higher than expected quality and fitment than other cars of the same category and price and that, with this example in mind, from which you can pick any make that you feel is of exemplary quality -- I believe that Packard would have built cars with exceptional quality and forward thinking that other car makers have given up on had they been able to stay in business -- I'm glad you enjoy your Packard but I am a car lover first and a Packard is just one of many that i adore

Posted on: 2009/10/9 15:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I have owned 3 VW's. Two original Beetles and the most recent was an '89 Golf Diesel. They were all basic non nonsense cars that were well made and reliable. My only negative experience was with the expensiveness of parts which is true of all Euro cars. If I were to compare Packard to any German makes it would be Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Here are two companies that has kept their original identifiers such as the grilles ,the three point star and the roundel much like Packard tried to do with its ox-yoke grille and red hexagon hub caps. I have owned 3 Mercedes also and the fit and finish and engineering that went into these cars was probably about on a par with what Packard would have done if it had survived. In recent years I have heard and read that VW cars are no longer as reliable as in the past although fit and finish is still very high. Personally I hope my old '83 Volvo 240 never wears out s it has to be the most trouble free and easy to maintain automobile of the 30 odd that I have owned in the past 45 years.

Posted on: 2009/10/9 16:18
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved